David L. Douglass
Since 1979, David has been actively involved in managing and investing in over 60 high growth venture capital backed companies, primarily in the medical device industry. He joined Delphi Ventures in 1990. Prior to joining Delphi, David was a General Partner at Matrix Partners.
From 1984 to 1986, David served as Chief Operating Officer at Paladin Software Corporation responsible for operations, R&D, finance and administration. In 1979, David joined venture capital backed medical device company, Collagen Corporation. He was part of the Company's original management team as Vice President of Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer. He was responsible for several private equity financings, corporate partnerships, as well as Collagen's initial public offering. Before joining Collagen, David was a consultant with McKinsey & Company and Teaching Fellow at Athens College in Greece.
David is a member of the National Venture Capital Association Board of Directors and is a trustee of the Stanford University DAPER Fund. He has served as a director of the Stanford University Athletic Board and as a member of the Stanford University School of Education Advisory Board. Additionally, David has been an Adjunct Professor at the University of Hawaii teaching New Venture Management and has served as Chairman of the Medical Industry Group of the National Venture Capital Association. Previously, he served as a director of the Western Association of Venture Capital. Recently, David was named to the Forbes Midas List recognizing the top 100 venture capital investors. He is the inventor on 2 US issued medical device patents.
He earned his BA cum laude in political science from Amherst College and received an MBA and MA in Education from Stanford University.
- MA Stanford University Graduate School of Education
- MBA Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- BA cum laude Amherst College
REPRESENTATIVE BOARD INVOLVEMENT
- AEGEA Medical, Inc.
- Adiana, Inc. a.b. Cytec Corporation a.b. Hologic, Inc.
- AneuRx, Inc. a.b. Medtronic, Inc. (MDT)
- Astute Medical, Inc.
- BaroSense, Inc.
- BARRx Medical, Inc. a.b. Covidien, Inc.
- Breathe Technologies, Inc.
- Cameron Health, Inc.
- Cardiac Pathways Corp. (CPWY) a.b. Boston Scientific Corp. (BSX)
- Cygnus Therapeutic Systems, Inc. (CYGN)
- EndoTex Interventional Systems, Inc. a.b. Boston Scientific Corp. (BSX)
- GyneCare, Inc. (GYNE) a.b. Johnson & Johnson, Inc. (JNJ)
- Innovasive Devices, Inc. (IDEA) a.b. Johnson & Johnson, Inc. (JNJ)
- Interventional Technologies, Inc. a.b. Boston Scientific Corp. (BSX)
- NeoForma.com (NEOF)
- NeuroMetrix, Inc. (NURO)
- NeuroVista Corporation
- Novasys Medical, Inc.
- Onux Medical, Inc. a.b. C.R. Bard, Inc. (BCR)
- Oratec Interventions, Inc. (OTEC) a.b. Smith & Nephew, Inc. (SNN)
- RITA Medical Systems, Inc. (RITA)
- TheraTx, Inc. (THTX) a.b. Vencor, Inc. (VNCO)
- TheraSense, Inc. (THER) a.b. Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
- Solta Medical, Inc. (SLTM) (formerly Thermage, Inc. (THER))
- VidaMed, Inc. (VIDA) a.b. Medtronic, Inc. (MDT)